Monday, September 2, 2013

9/2/2013 Exciting times!


 

 

 

 
 Well things are exciting as normal here! We got our next months allowance and I told my comp how I keep track of my money and just like that he said "Voy a hacer el mizmo con mi dinero!" (I'll do the same with my money!) wow lets just say up until that point I was afraid he'd take offence to me trying to teach him how to spend his money. Honestly I think his other comps just didn't care enough to even THINK of helping him! He's Great!
 
 
  We had our zone conference last week and I finally got to meet President Curtiss and he's great! I talked with him and his wife and when I mentioned that I wanted to learn Russon and that I like learning languages he just straight out told me "Well we'll have to get you started on Q'eqchi!" all I'm going to say is if I end up in the Polochic this next change I won't be surprised but I will be excited and very nervous to go through that whole "I'm the only one who doesn't understand anything" phase again. BUT I'll be fulfilling my mission dream! surprisingly a lot of the missionaries I've talked to don't like the polochic.. like they just think that would be the worst place to be sent! They think the language is useless and pointless to learn but I'm way excited and I can't wait till the Lord decides I'm ready to bless the wonderful people of polochic with my amazing inexperienced self!
   
 My Zone with Pres. and Sis Curtiss
 
 
 
   I had a great day today and for the first time got to explore a little of the Guatemalan Jungle! no like literally it was a pathway that started up and ended at a wall of trees and said "Entrada" (Entrance) so we explored it for a while and I walked into MANY a spider web and enjoyed the out back of Guatemala.. well the part I'm in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also visited a place that is popular for the fact that you can swim with crocodiles! like literally it's a pond that has a few crocodiles and people walk out on a dock and jump in the water to swim in a pond with crocodiles. We didn't swim with the crocodiles because sadly it's against the rules and we also didn't get to see any crocodiles either.. but don't worry the first chance I get I'll send you a picture of me riding on the back of a cocodrilo ;)
 
 
 
But here's a picture of us out in the middle of the pond on a really rickety dock! (My district!)
 
 
   It was also my Comp's Birthday! He turned 20! Well todavia tiene hasta Septiembre 7 but we decided to celebrate today!
 
 
 
 Hay un comida aqui llamado Tortrix oasis que es mas o menos Frito Bandito pero con mas queso y mas fritos.. pues no tenemos fritos aqui estan llamados Tortrix. ES RICO! voy a cocinar quando regreso.
Well I gotta go! Love you all!
Yours fortunately,
 
          ---Elder Hyrum Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment