Monday, April 13, 2015

Changing Places (A New Start)

  Well I wasn't able to write last week due to much craziness and moving on with my life. For those who haven't heard I've been accepted to attend school at the Brigham Young University in Idaho. I'm really excited about this as this is where almost all my siblings have gone and where a few of them currently are going! I'll be going to school with quite a few family relations and also a bunch of friends.. but I guess that's probably not the BEST reason for picking a college is it... oh well.

 I'm planning on going into Software Engineering but everyone keeps telling me that changing your major is pretty common in the first few semesters.. So I'll be taking mainly generals and trying out a few small classes on software engineering to see if it's really what sparks my interest. Who knows.. maybe I'll end up a professional Ballerina! 
 This Tuesday I packed up all my belongings and tried to make sure I had everything I'd need for the next three months. You know packing for three months isn't too different from packing for two years.. I mean either way you can't bring everything you need, you leave half the stuff you want.. and you end up taking 80% clothes and 10% toiletries and 10% junk that you'll probably never use but that you think would be really fun to take anyways. I got off the mission thinking "oh yay! I never have to pack up and change houses again!" then I realized that I'll have to do that every three months for the next four years of college.. yay. So basically it's just like transfers all over again! New roommates, new housing, new mood swings and new chances to improve my patience. I just hope that means new friends as well!
 This week has actually been a really fun one for me as well though! I've been like non-stop, 24hr partying with my family! We went to Bethany Reservoir (outside of Tracy, CA), bowling, dancing, to the movies (I saw the new Cinderella!), on a road trip to Utah, to my cousin's wedding, swimming, to play football, to watch a soccer game, had multiple game nights and ice cream parties, and visited lot's of family! I've already seen 29 of my 40 nieces and nephews and I'll see 8 more tomorrow making it 37!!!
 I'm really excited about life in general.. I know it's not going to be easy or 100% fun but I've always known that.. I just have to do what I've always done and make the best of everything the Lord gives me! I'm so very grateful for what I've been blessed with, for the mission I served and for the qualities I've developed as a child of God! ♫♪"He is my king and my Father.. And I am his.."♪ Never mind.
 Cheque pues my fellow life livers, here's one more "out" coming right your way!
Out,
   -- Hyrum Clark













 

A very technologically advanced scripture study!

No comments:

Post a Comment