Monday, March 30, 2015

30/03/2015 - Arriving Home! "A New Journey"

 So I'm home! I mean, I should be in that weird "returned missionary"
stage where I don't want to be left alone, or where it's weird to be
around girls.. But in all reality I feel completely normal.
 I guess the only logical reason I can think of is that I feel like my
mission went by SO fast! I mean, I don't feel like I was really gone
long enough to lose my swag! I feel the same really! It's definitely
weird not having the same schedule.. But I feel like that's a natural
thing when you move to a new place.. You have your stuff in new
places, you start new routines, you meet new people and you really
build your life, starting from step one, all over again! I'm
suspecting that's how it'll be in two weeks when I'm up at college.
New schedules, routines, people, life.. I guess I've already adapted
to constant changes.. And now.. I'm okay with them!
 This last week and a half has been crazy! I honestly haven't slept
much since the Saturday before I left. The plane landed and when I
came out there was a dude who had a beard standin' there with my name
out! (It was just my brother) we grabbed my bags, took photos and off
we went!
 I never actually made it home. From the airport we headed straight to
my brother's Eagle Court of Honor where, despite my telling them I
hadn't been released, I was hugged by teenage girls and women on
multiple occasions. I honestly didn't care at all but I felt a little
self conscious after a few older members kept reminding me that I
wasn't supposed to hug till I got released. Thanks. After the Court of
Honor I was released, we went home and.. Well the night wasn't that
young and I guess I'll just say "she died at an old age" (I went to
bed at like 3am).
 The next day I was super tired.. But my brother took me to go help
work in someone's back yard. I agreed although not too excited about
working the day after I got home.. I got paid though! $$$ Dolla Dolla!
$$$ that night I went to a dance and danced so hard I came home with a
wet, sweaty shirt and wobbly legs (I know that's gross but I honestly
felt the best I have felt in years!!!) I guess it was kinda weird to
hop into the whole "girls" thing at first but after about 3 slow songs
I got into the hang of things. So I basically became normal after
 Saturday my nephew Brigham was baptized! I was so happy for him! He
asked me to baptize him, so there I was, three days off the mission,
baptizing my nephew! It was a great time!
 Sunday I gave talks in two wards and had my family "homecoming"
party. Had a great time!
 Monday I went to San Francisco! I've lived close by my whole life but
I've never actually explored the touristy places it has to offer. I
saw for the first time in my life Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39, the
Exploratorium, and the Walt Disney Family Museum (I'd definitely
recommend it to anyone who likes Disney, art, drawing, or any of the
related things)
 Tuesday was my reporting to high council. I was able to talk about my
mission for the third time. I might have cried.. But then again I
might not have. I'll leave that for you to decide with your
 Wednesday I finally got to rest all day.. I ate my first donuts and
didn't like them.. I was a little disappointed.. But I'm sure I'll
work it back into my taste buds.
 Thursday I helped redo my sisters back yard. It involved dumping out
a bunch of composted dirt and then spreading bark over half of her
backyard.. Also Popsicles were involved, so be jealous!
 Friday I had my homecoming party for my friends! It was a bonfire and
barbecue and it was SUPER fun! Only thing is, people came.. And then
left really quick. It ended around 10:30pm, for lack of participation,
and me and my family went inside to watch a good old favorite horror
movie called "drag me to HAAAILE!" (Well we just like to say it with a
southern accent). I ended up taking all night with my cousins and fell
asleep around 3:30am.. Four men in a bed.. Like old times!
 Saturday I was on a pretty big sleep hangover but still woke up
somewhat early.. Kinda.. Early having considered I'd been getting
about 5-6hrs of sleep for the past two weeks. I talked to my family
and cousins about movies I'd missed.. And tried to catch up on a few
of them (I just realized that "my family and cousins" doesn't make
sense.. Oh well).
 Sunday.. Well.. It was fast Sunday. I caught up with a lot of good
friends at church and we planned a beach trip.. I just hope it
actually happens! (I'll let you know next week.) We had a "break the
fast" after church and I ate a ton and brought some leftover pie home.
I'm scared I'm going to get so fat now.. But then the comforting
though of "you're going to college and have no money" comes to mind
and I remember, I still have four years of starving to do! :P
 I love and miss you all! To those who are still in the mission
remember to take time to enjoy it. Yes work hard but if you aren't
taking time to enjoy it you're working TOO hard. "men are that they
might have joy!" (2 Nephi 2:25)
-Clark out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi- I appreciate your time spent serving a mission in Guatemala! I am with the Liahona Children's Foundation, and we serve 22 stakes in Guatemala. ( This Summer we are hosting "Nutritours" in Guatemala for people to come participate in our child nutrition screenings and other meaningful service, and do a little sight-seeing. We would love to tell you more about our organization and have you help us spread the word to anyone you know that might be interested in supporting our work in Guatemala. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions jessicawilkinson @ liahonachildren (dot) org. Thank you for your service!