Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7/8 Katsup


So I'm going to try and write a bunch to catch up.. but I doubt I'll be able to!

 

Tikal
   Tikal! It was AWESOME!! It's like an old city.. of stone.. with the buildings still there! I was able to walk inside old stone house things! it was definitely an AWESOME experience and we were able to just chill in this huge city for 4 hours and we hiked (Yes we had to HIKE.. but not really at all) up this giant temple where George Lucas shot a scene from Star Wars episode 6 and It was a REALLY cool view! We also made a pyramid of people in front of one of the pyramid temples.. I'm not sure if I sent this picture or not.. if not my mom can let me know and I'll send it next week.



Caves at Tikal
   The caves.. Also awesome! I got to be head explorer because Latinos are pansies; got scared and wanted to leave after 5 minutes so the ZL's basically said LEAD THE WAY CLARK! well sorta.. I was always in front but they chose what direction and we basically went in circles.. they thought they were lost but really if they just would have taken this ONE passage I showed them.. every time we passed it... they would have been able to see the exit! anyways.. really hot.. really fun.. and also frustrating. but mainly the fun part.


   4th of July! mixed feelings. It was awesome because I got a bunch of ice creams and choco bananas (Which I didn't have to pay for) and I got to wear my tie and have a random kid light off my fire crackers for me (Missionaries can't use fire works.. for good reasons) and fun stuff.. but it was also one of the worst days cause we didn't have a single cita and we couldn't get a member to accompany us (We also can't work past 5:30without a member). so I'm excited for next year.. ANND for thanksgiving.. please someone tell me what day it is this year!

   It's suuuper hot these past few days.. well kinda. Steven told me it is only like 93° or something but it feels hotter than it ever has before! he also told me there's a chance of thunderstorms here soon and that means there's a BIG chance cause it always rains here.

   I don't remember if I told you about my two baptisms I had or if I sent pictures but I hope so.. They were both awesome and basically members.. well one has a hard time attending cause it's a long.. hot walk to the church from his house.. but I did it many times so we're trying to help him and his inactive family understand it's nothing that hard.. only 30 minutes of hot sunny sweaty walking!

   I gotta go I don't have more time but I just want to say I LOVE YOU STEVEN COLE!!! thank you for writing me finally! it was a MAJOR highlight of the week! Also Kymee, and Michaela can expect letters in the next month.. I've written them but I don't know how fast the mail system works in this new mission.. everything is kinda hectic at the office.. and it was already bad before. anyways! gotta go!

Yours fortunately,

---Elder Hyrum Clark

 


No comments:

Post a Comment