Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014/2/15 Full Plate

WOW,
   I can't BEGIN to describe how crazy this week has been.. Let me just name a few of the thing's I CAN:
   I'm not sure what's in the water up in Petén but we had ANOTHER emergency hospital flight from there this last week! Another case of appendicitis. If it's in the water wouldn't the elders FINALLY learn that drinking water is actually NOT a good idea?! They've only been warned about a thousand times in their mission! But I doubt it's the water giving them appendicitis.
   Speaking about appendicitis our fecha we were supposed to baptize today ALSO got it! He's in the hospital and we're gunna try and visit him today. It's probably a good thing though cause I feel he still has a few things he needs to gain a testimony about.
   I'm getting used to my District Leader duties and actually REALLY enjoy them! It's super duper fun being DL and I think the only thing that stinks is that I don't get to have P-Days with them. We're poniendo pilas! (o hechando fuego) We have 4 fechas this month and 1 already planned for next with about 6 planned.. If we can JUST get them to accept. We've been talking a lot about that.. How to make our "pilas" investigators actually PILAS with a full blown fecha! We'll see what happens!
   We had a picnic in the office the other day.. SUPER fun! Hna. Kirk made us chicken salad sandwiches and they were AMAZING! I do love me some chicken salad! (picture below).
   I finally got Q'eqchi' Placas! (pictures below) I can't use them yet though cause I don't know my testimony in q'eqchi'.. I'm gunna have to practice! I can say a few common things though like "Wa xi'ru" (Crazy) "Cho chi-wark" (We're going to sleep) "Wan Chic" (Good Bye) "Julac Chic" (Until tomorrow) and "maak ah" (There isn't any). The Finance Elders put my name on the list thinking President would see it and ask me why I was asking for q'eqchi' placas when I'm not serving in the polochic.. but He didn't notice and so they got ordered! YEAH BABY!
   Remember the family that was super pilas for Elder Zavala and I but we had to give up when they changed the area borders? If not I probably just forgot to mention it but THEY GOT BAPTIZED LAST SATURDAY!!! (Picture Below!) SUPER EXCITED FOR THEM!
   Yesterday we had a lie detector demonstration.. Elder Kirk and his wife are leaving next week. Elder Kirk was a FBI agent and one of the top Interrogators in the world.. he showed us a short demonstration on elder Bashaw and had us guess by the lines when he was lying.. it was hard BUT I guessed right! He told me I might do good if I wanted to study that.. sound's cool! (Picture Below).
   Being in the office has shown me a whole other side of the mission, a different side of elders and it's sad to think that not everyone is out here for the right reasons but it's really helped me know that I AM here for the right reasons and I'm gunna do my best to show that to the Lord. 
   I'm so grateful to the Lord for his help and his patience with my weaknesses. I know I've grown here and even though I'll admit I'm FAR from perfect I have a feeling that THAT in fact is why I am here.. learning everyday, just like I want!
   I'm still doing well and still miss my nieces and nephews everytime I see someone playing with little kids but I know that in less than 2 years I'll be back home with my 30+ "grand kids". I Love you all! Hope you know it! Thank you so much all you great missionary friends who I'm sure have passed through much harder times and still have a little time to show me compassion and love.
   Keep on Truckin!



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Laura North and my son is in the Cobán Mission also. We have a Facebook page for moms of the Guatemala mission and I was wondering if you (assuming it is mom updating blog) were interested in joining. It is great to get together and talk about our kids and the highs and lows of missions. If you are interested you can add me on Facebook Laura Dinoff North or shoot me an e-mail at laura@theorths.net. Hope to hear from you! You have a beautiful daughter, it has been fun looking around her blog. My sons blog is elderjernorth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete