Monday, November 18, 2013

11-2 Transfer Week

Wow...
   Transfer week was a blow to the cara! I've never had so much to do, so little preparation, so much responsabilidad y been so left without instructions! My Office trainer left this transfer and wow I realized how unprepared I am to take on 75% of the office load. I'm now considered Mission Secretary and have access to buying unit materials and get to charge almost everything to the mission.. anything thats not personal that is. That seems like a perk but even though I only do 75% of the work I receive about 90% of the Cincho! 
   I also received my new office companion.. I've never met someone so prideful. We spent the night at the assistants house with the new office elders yesterday and he just bagged on me for an hour straight saying that I don't teach him anything and that I don't know what I'm doing and that I shouldn't even be in the office with how incompetent I am. I know that I'm verymuch not ready to be in charge of this much stuff.. and I know I'm not the best teacher but I'm trying my best and SON!! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TWO MONTHS IN THE MISSION YET! Wow.. but really it was a humbling experience.. I felt like dirt and not just normal dirt.. the muddy dirt thats left when someone spits on the ground. His companion later told me to ignore it and that I'm doing a great job. Yay for amazing Elders! I know I'm not the only one to be uplifted by a good elder!
   I'm still pushing forward and trying to be a better teacher. I know I have a lot to learn here in the office but I wouldn't trade it for the world! My friendships I've gained, lives I've helped, smiles I've made... Nothing feels better than knowing I'm helping so many missionaries!
   I'm not sure what more to say but know that I love you all and that I'm sending saludes from out here in Cobán!  Take it easy and know you're my shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament.
 
Viejos

Nuevos
 
Yours Humbly,
Elder Hyrum Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment